ClipFlair Forums. Create discussion topics and get answers
This functionality is missing right now - add a new text area, captions grid, video panel, picture
made visible again:
+ CaptionsGrid (note that these extra grids will be only timesynced for now, their captions not shown on mediaplayer, only default ones will show - will add way to link to other mediaplayers or to the same one too for multilingual captions on other captionregions at the same video in the future)
temporarily till new popup/slideout UI is implemented to choose what to add
+ MediaPlayer and ActivityContainer (nested activity) buttons won't be added for now till finetuned
have added + Map too recently
+ ActivityContainer (for nested activities) will be kept hidden for now
Available components in latest version:
- Revoicing (this is in fact Captions with "Caption" column hidden and "Audio" column shown - can turn it over to change settings)
- Browser (available at the OOB [Out-Of-Browser] mode only if you install the app)
- Nested Activity
Is it possible to import a live Twitter feed in a component? So that students could communicate quickly and in real time with each other during an activity (or any alternative suggestions?)
the News component supports RSS streams, however to make a Twitter stream available as RSS you'd need to find some service to wrap it up as RSS. Maybe IFTT (https://ifttt.com/) or Yahoo! Pipes can do it (https://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/), but still the user would need to have twitter open at separate webpage to send messages
also, the News component currently has an option for how often it refreshes its content, but haven't made that to work yet
1) However, from what I understand you need two-way communication between students inside ClipFlair Studio, is this correct?
2) Would that be between two persons (e.g. text-chatting with teacher or other student), or like a chat room / wall, where anyone posts something and all see it?
3) Would the transcript of the discussion need to be preserved online?