ClipFlair Forums. Create discussion topics and get answers
1) maybe call this Role (as Babelium does?)
2) also, make the cell's edit template have a combobox, that is an editbox + a dropdown list where it shows an alphabetically sorted list of the unique set of entries in the actor column (all the actors listed currently in the row)
3) save it in the state file
2) looking into it
3) currently saving into SRT so will need separate time-annotated file for Role (same goes for Comments). Looking into whether TTS supports such fields (SRT doesn't seem to have comments at all, if it had could add Role as a specially marked comment) to save a TTS by default. However this depends on whether TTS supports caption formatting equivalent or better to SRT (not sure), since I plan to use SRT's caption formatting tags (<i>, <b>, <font color>, <u>)
2) role autocompleting (based on other role values entered at the same column) has been done at next version
the dropdown shown there doesn't show sorted distinct values though [shows all entries at the column, duplicates included], plus you can't show the dropdown without typing at least one letter first. Will try to make it better in the future
2) now autocomplete is fully implemented and only shows unique sorted values. To see the autocomplete popup when editing a role column cell either type a letter or type a space and then backspace to see all distinct roles in the Role column to choose one from
3) loading/saving in captions file and displaying role in the form
in the future this will be customizable, e.g. would also be able to use
I am typing the roles in the captioning component and it automatically appears in the revocing component, that is fine. The problem is that the role name appears on the screen too. For instance if the role is Francesca's on the screen appears the subtitle 'Francesca: Grazie.'
Is it supposed to work like that?
yes, this is how it works, to be able to import/export roles from common captioning formats, most of which don't have the notion of a role, but have users embed it in the caption string
</br>in the future you will be able to define the caption format at the back of the Captions component, e.g.
</br>Francesca: Grazie. ( Role: text )
</br>[Francesca] Grazie. ( [Role] text )
</br>- Francesca: Grazie. ( - Role: text )
</br>and other formats one may find at caption files on the internet
</br>so one would set the wanted format and the role column would be update showing the respective roles. If it doesn't recognize the role format it will appear in the caption column
</br>maybe option can be added at Clip component too with Caption format and a setting on whether it will show the Role or not, but this is not top priority (needs more low level work to implement)
OK, George thanks.
Another question, in Galway you said it is possible to mute the video. I muted (by clickin on the volume) and then saved it but when I open the activity again I can have the audio. I also checked in the option of the video component but I didn't manage to. What should I do? Thanks.
You mean "deleting" the audio? So that the user cannot activate it even if they want to?
I don't think it's possible.
The only thing you can do is mute it, and then the user may clik on the soun again, for example: http://studio.clipflair.net/?activity=rosa
Exactly, Roula. That's what I meant.
I would like to delete the sound of the activity so that students cannot listen to the audio.