ClipFlair Forums. Create discussion topics and get answers
also you can use google image search and give it an image file to spot on the network. That way you can try to locate the original source of the image
There is now an image at the Image gallery suggesting to one to join ClipFlair Social Network (submitted by Laura)
You could add it to your activity and turn over the image component and set the "Action URL" property to
I just added that property to the image component so that you can make clickable buttons (have also added ActionTime property that allows you to jump to other time in the activity)
note that I'm also looking into adding a way for authors to hide the border and titlebar of windows in an activity
will also try to add a rollover image URL option to image component so that when you move mouse over it it changes to the rollover image (if specified). That way you'll be able to make buttons like the ones in http://clipflair.net
with the above additions you'll be able to create "real" looking buttons in your activities
note: every activity in the gallery has a matching screenshot that can be easily found using the following pattern:
you just replace the word "Retro" in the example above to form the respective .clipflair.png (image) and .clipflair (activity) remote filenames
you can combine this with the newly added property "Action URL" of the Image component and show an image of an activity as a clickable button that opens the activity in a separate webpage. That way you can make a set of activities, with an activity that say contains just some Text component with instructions for the set of activities placed at the top of the activity and say 4 image components arranged in a 2x2 grid under it. The respective image components would show the screenshots of the activities and clicking them would open each activity
could also have the 2x2 grid of Image components at the top and the wide text area with the instructions at the bottom of the activity or any other layout you prefer. In any case, I'd change the title of the Text component to write say "Instructions" and of each Image component to have the title of the respective activity (that it opens when clicked), possibly with a number in front of it if you want to suggest a certain flow to the user (open the #1 first, then the #2 etc.)
Is it possible to make this image http://studio.clipflair.net/?image=SocialSignup.jpg
as an active link so that clicking anywhere on it would bring back to the Social or the Group page?
yes, it's now easy
1) place an Image component in your activity
2) turn it over (wrench button on the image component titlebar) and set the Image URL property (e.g. http://gallery.clipflair.net/image/SocialSignup.jpg for the image you mention above [if you open a web browser at http://studio.clipflair.net/?image=SocialSignup.jpg and turn over the Image component you'll see that url I write above at the back)
3) set the ActionURL property to http://social.clipflair.net or to your group's URL (visit your group homepage and copy the URL from the browser addressbar)
4) turn over the image component again
5) save the activity
note that there is also an ActionTime property that one can now use with the Image component to make images jump to different Time (so you could have images in your activity to jump to different "chapters" or "interesting points" that you define as you wish in a movie)
Thanks George, that's great.
I tried with this activity (the same one I uploaded earlier but with the interactive image). But does it work? There are two links in it, one in the Instructions and one is the image but when I try it doesn't seem to work is it because it needs to be uploaded to the Gallery first?
1) press the eye button on the Text component to set it to read-only mode (you'll see that then it shows less buttons on its toolbar). Then its links (like "the group" that you write there) are clickable
2) there seems to be a difference between the link in the text (when you set it to read-only mode) and the link in the image. The 2nd is caught by the browser popup blocker (at least in Firefox) and you have to press the "Options" button on the popup blocker bar that's shown at the top of the page and select to show popups from clipflair.net (luckily you have to do that once and the browser should remember it).
Will see why it has this different behaviour and if I can make it behave like the text link instead (I'll try placing an invisible hyperlink component over the image instead of trying to open the link programmatically to see if it fixes that issue.)
Ah ok, thanks
Here is another picture to upload, please.
I entered metadata for 2 activities yesterday (AlBar), but they still show as No Info. Just wondering if it takes a while for the system to pick up metadata or if it just didn't save it. All the info is there when I go to the Metafada form and I just saved it again.
we have an issue with the automated screenshot generation, so although the system updates the gallery every 15min, if there are new activities uploaded by say Panos or Stavroula I have to log-in to the system and generate the screenshots for the metadata update to proceed