ClipFlair Forums. Create discussion topics and get answers
The playground works very nice and here in Cluj we started to save all actitivities we have in clipflair format. During the process we observed the following problems:
1. The Playground doesn't work in Safari under Win7
2. If an activity has more than 1 clip and 1 caption and we play one of the clips, the last caption inserted is displayed simultaneously on all clips we have on the screen.
Thank you very much,
I also want to ask if is possible to make bubbles in the images and in the clips of our activities.
</br>1) what exactly is the issue referred to at the title here "Multiple clips and captions problem"? Can you be more specific?
</br>2) when you say bubbles "in the images" you mean at the Image (viewer) component or at the Media (player) component?
</br>3) for the "Media" component it is in my plans to allow one to move/resize the captions region on the player and have each caption entry remember the respective area bounds (position + size) as percentages to the video area size (so that when media component is resized it adapts accordingly to the video area resizing that occurs). However this needs a bit of work and won't be available before mid-February according to my current plans. However, if this is crucial to your activities I can try to reschedule it.
Sorry, just noticed your 1st post had been marked by the spam engine (defensio) - unmarked it now
1) not sure if Silverlight supports Safari on Windows - I think that browser doesn't support Netscape-style plugins at all, but have to check it. Maybe there's some workarround / manual process to install Silverlight for Safari on Windows.
2) since I haven't provided yet the data binding UI I have hardcoded all Media and Captions components to share the Time and the Captions property with their parent (the Activity container component). That's why you see this behaviour. Can you describe the activity you are creating that needs multiple clips (how you imagine it to work)?
Isn't it possible to do two different exercises in the same activity? I.e. watching the video and then subtitling a bit and revoicing another bit?
After finishing the captions for the subtitling exercise I opened a revoicing window, but what I changed in the revoicing window changed also in the captioning one...
what did you change? do you mean start/end times?
currently all components that have time or captions "properties" bind them to respective properties of their host in two-way mode ( the activity container) to synchronize all together.
in the future I'll expose UI to bind/unbind components together directly, so that you could say unbind the revoicing component from the container regarding the captions property and keep only the connection on the time property. That way you'd be able to have different start/end timings at the revoicing component if that's what you mean
I am not sure I understand what you mean, since I am not familiar with the jargon you use but what I mean is:
1. One video clip of, let's say, 3 minutes.
2. The first minute, they only need to watch and listen.
3. The second minute, they write down some subtitles.
4. the third minute, they have to revoice (i.e. record their voice saying in Chinese the numbers they see in the screen as expressed in gestures).
In the revoicing window I cannot add new time lapses from minute 2 to 3... I can send the activity as it is now for you to see what I am saying but I am not in a rush, since I have already done all the activities due for this first deadline...
now all components' Time and Captions (for those that have such) properties are implicitly two-way bound (linked) to their container (the activity) respective properties, so they all sync together
I will soon add a way to unbind such properties of components from their container